Community WiFi: what is a shared wireless network?
Community WiFi has a role to play in democratising access to the Internet. But what exactly is it? How does it work? How do you set up a public WiFi (Hotspot)? Here is the definition of the offer developed by konnect for shared hotspots available in Africa and how they work.
All you need to know about community WiFi
Are you thinking of offering a hotspot to your customers?
Not sure how it works? Here are the answers you need.
Definition of community WiFi
Public WiFi, shared wireless network, hotspot, shared WiFi... the vocabulary surrounding community WiFi is rich. But the reality is simple: it is a network made available by a professional that allows people in the vicinity to connect to the Internet. A practice that has its fair share of advantages, especially when combined with satellite Internet technology!
Community WiFi and satellite Internet: the winning combination
No more white zones: thanks to the use of the satellite network, the konnect WiFi offer allows everyone to access the Internet:
- Without a fixed line;
- Without cables;
- Without 3G or 4G;
- Whatever your financial means and data requirements
It’s an ideal formula for people and companies looking for simplicity, flexibility and speed.
Shared WiFi: a win-win tool
Whether you’re looking at it as a customer or as professional, community WiFi has advantages for everyone: let’s discover them.
4 benefits for users of a shared network
- Access the web even without a 3G or 4G network;
- Surf the Internet when you’re out and about away from home;
- Have Internet in your pocket thanks to any Smartphone;
- And all this at a very affordable price!
5 good reasons to set up a community WiFI
- Generate additional income ;
- Increase the number of visitors to your establishment;
- Increase customer loyalty;
- Improve your brand image;
- Democratise Internet access in isolated and/or uncovered areas.
Setting up a public WiFi: instructions for use
Thanks to Eutelsat's konnect WiFi offer, it is possible to provide your customers with a broadband WiFi Internet connection, even if the location is not covered by 3G or 4G. This solution is suitable for all businesses located in rural areas, villages and small towns, regardless of their sector of activity:
- Cafes and bars;
- Grocery shops and food shops;
- Town halls;
- Post offices;
Find your nearest hotspot with our complete map!
Do you want to become a konnect partner?
A community hotspot can allow you to :
- Increase your revenues through paid access via cash or mobile payment;
- To develop your notoriety by offering a free connection after viewing an advertisement (pre-roll pre-connection format);
- To give your community access to certain databases stored directly on a hard disk.
Don't wait any longer to contact us to become partner: depending on your needs and objectives, we will define together the formula best suited to your company.
Supporting the fight against Covid-19
Since its outbreak in November 2019 in China, Covid-19 has disrupted the daily lives of people around the world. In Africa, the first proven case was diagnosed in mid-February 2020. Since then, the coronavirus disease has been on the rise. To deal with it, all the people concerned in the health...