Konnect is the brand used by Eutelsat’s Broadband Satellite Internet Division. Eutelsat is committed to protecting your privacy when using our websites. The following information explains how we process your personal data, so that we can best meet your needs, while protecting your rights as an individual.
Data acquired during user navigation: the IT systems and software processes responsible for operation of the same acquire certain data during their normal operations, the transmission of which is an integral and essential part of the Internet communication protocols. This is information which is not gathered in order to be associated with identified parties, but due to its nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, permit identification of the users. This category of data includes, for example, the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by visitors to the sites, addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to issue the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (success, failure etc.) and other parameters concerning the user’s operating system and IT environment. Eutelsat uses these data only to obtain anonymous statistical information on use of the sites and to check they are operating correctly. These data could hypothetically be used to determine responsibility in the event of attacks or other criminal acts carried out on the sites and/or the company.
Eutelsat will not collect your personal data, whether name, e-mail, telephone number, etc. unless you choose to give it to us, for example, when subscribing to a newsletter, or contacting us with a query.
Should you provide us with any personal information, it will be used by Eutelsat to
treat process your request and, with your consent, to send you commercial communications on our latest news and keep you informed about subjects which may interest you about Konnect, Eutelsat S.A. and its subsidiaries.
The processed data is made available to Eutelsat S.A. marketing and IT support teams, the marketing departments of our subsidiaries in Europe, Africa and Russia, for contacts located in those regions respectively, to trusted distributors for certain commercial enquiries and to our service provider Salesforce Pardot who hosts the data in the United States. Since some of these countries do not ensure an adequate level of data protection, transfers are governed by the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. If you wish to obtain a copy of these clauses please email email@example.com.
Data is retained for a period of three years following the date it was collected, or from your last contact with us.
If at any time you would like us to stop using your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to access, modify or delete your data, object to or restrict processing. You can also give instructions on what should happen to your personal data after your death. You can find out more about your rights below:
Right to Access: you can ask for a copy of your personal data processed by Eutelsat S.A.;
Right to Modify: if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request that it is corrected or modified;
Right to Delete: you can ask for the deletion of your data under certain conditions, for example if you think that your personal data is no longer required;
Right to Object: you can object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your situation;
Right to Restrict: you can request that the processing of your personal data be restricted:
- If you contest the accuracy of your personal data;
- If the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of such data;
- If you believe that Eutelsat S.A. no longer needs your personal data but such data is still required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- If you have objected to the processing of this data;
Post-mortem instructions: you are entitled to give instructions on how your personal data will be preserved, deleted and communicated after your death.
To exercise any of these rights please email our Data Protection Officer (DPO) enclosing a copy of your ID, at the following address: email@example.com
You can also file a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés - CNIL), at www.cnil.fr.
Should you wish to block the cookies, please consult the Help menu in your web browser for further details on how to do so.
Cookies are small text strings that the websites you visit send to your device’s browser, where they are saved and then forwarded to the same site on your next visit. While browsing a site, you may also receive cookies sent by other sites or servers on your device (known as "third-party cookies"), which may contain certain elements on the site you are visiting.
There are several types of cookies for different purposes, as described below.
- Technical cookies enable or facilitate electronic communication; they are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the operator of the website. The www.konnect.com website uses several types of technical cookies: browsing cookies or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of website; analytical cookies, assimilated to technical cookies when they are used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregated form, on the number of users and how they visit the site; and feature cookies that give the user a navigation based on a series of selected criteria (e.g. language) to improve the service provided to the user. Prior user consent is not required for the installation of technical cookies.
- Profiling cookies allow profiles to be created corresponding to the user and are used to send advertising messages according to the preferences shown by the latter as part of the navigation on the network. The www.konnect.com website does not use profiling cookies.
- Third-party cookies enable anonymous user profiles to be created based on their browsing experience on the site and other sites, so targeted rather than generic advertising can be sent to the user according to their interests. The www.konnect.com website uses third party cookies, but these are not managed by Eutelsat. The website uses social network plug-in cookies, allowing the user to share the content of the site on certain social networks, and to simplify the use of the site. The use of data collected by third parties in the form of social network plug-ins is handled exclusively by the relevant third parties. The company is not able to access these cookies, and third parties cannot access the company's cookies.
The list of third-party cookies used by the www.konnect.com website is shown below, as well as a link "Read the privacy notice" to the websites of these third parties, where you can find their privacy policies (especially for social network plug-in cookies), the purpose of the cookies concerned, and to choose to allow or refuse their use by the relevant third party.
Google Tag Manager
The sites also collect third party cookies for statistical purposes, in particular through Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google which uses the data collected to track and analyse usage, for reporting and to share with other services developed by Google.
Because each browser has slightly different functions, refer to your browser's help menu to understand how to change the cookie settings correctly. The following links can help you better understand how to set your browser:
If you disable cookies, you will not have access to many features that make this site more efficient and some of our services will not work properly.
Changes to this privacy statement